Defending clients for over a decade
The DWI Process in Round Rock
Understanding the DWI Process
Being arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience for anyone; it is important to know what you can expect throughout the DWI process so you can better prepare yourself for what's coming. With penalties including time in jail, thousands of dollars in fines and license surcharges, steep increases to your insurance rates and driver's license suspension; you need to do everything possible to defend yourself against a conviction.
Here is an outline of what occurs after an arrest for drunk driving:
- You will be confined in jail for a minimum of 72 hours
- At your arraignment, you will be asked whether you want to plead guilty or not guilty to the charge, and if you plead not guilty, the judge will set a date for your next court appearance
- After your release from jail, you will have 15 days to request an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing, where you can attempt to keep your license-otherwise; you will be subjected to an automatic suspension, with the possibility of obtaining an occupational driver's license so you can travel to work
- You may have several mandatory court appearances, such as pre-trial hearings, where the evidence in the case will be examined and the defense and prosecution can make motions to the judge
- It is possible that you will be offered a plea bargain, where you will accept a guilty conviction in exchange for probation instead of the full sentence available
- If you choose to fight the charges, your case will go to trial
When you have been arrested for DWI, you should speak with a hard-hitting Round Rock criminal defense attorney who can guide you through the entire process.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Williamson County
There are many ways to defend againstcharges of drunk driving; therefore it is crucial to take the appropriate actions at each step of the process to ensure that you keep all avenues open. By working with the Law Office of Ryan H. Deck, you will benefit from our years of experience representing clients in your position. Ryan is a solo practitioner, meaning that you will receive individual attention, and he will be focused on achieving results for you and your family. Whether this is your first DWI or DUI or if you face charges for multiple DWI, we will fight to protect your freedom.
Contact a Round Rock criminal defense attorney who will stand by you throughout the DWI process.
Case dismissed State of Texas v. K.H. (Assault Family Violence/3rd Degree Felony)
Case dismissed State of Texas v. A. B. (Theft of Property)
Dismissed State of Texas v. A. M. (Assault)
“I was very impressed with the outcome of the issue and will definitely use his office if I ever need representation again.” - M.M.
Honest & Authentic Service
Texas Board Certified
Fearless Trial Lawyer
A Former Texas Prosecutor
Affordable Payment Plans